Monday 3 March 2014

Best Dressed: Oscars 2014

If you love celebrities and film and the awards that go with it then you'll know it's awards season and that means one thing: dresses. I honestly love looking through the photos silently judging which dresses I like the most - and then I realised! Now I've got a blog, I can actually share my favourites (and keep my dislikes to myself). So these are, in my opinion, the best from the red carpet of the Academy Awards last night.


Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture + Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen + Lupita Nyong'o in Prada
Kate Hudson in Versace + Cate Blanchett in Armani PrivĂ© + Jared Leto in Saint Laurent

I definitely thought Jared Leto was the best dressed guy last night and thought he deserved a mention! Kate Hudson looks stunning in her deep-v dress and, I must admit, I've never paid much attention to Sandra Bullock's red carpet style but last night she completely blew me away, she's never looked more beautiful. The dress fits her shape perfectly and her 1940s/1950s waves look so elegant. Perfect for the Oscars. 

For me though, Lupita Nyong'o just wins this hands-down. She was the only person I was looking forward to seeing and she did not disappoint. No one wears colour like this woman and she looks absolutely amazing. I noticed a lot of pale nudes when I was watching the live feed of the red carpet but only lovely Cate Blanchett made the cut as she just looks so elegant and the beautiful Suki Waterhouse, who is quickly becoming one of my favourites to watch. She is featured in my favourites from the Vanity Fair after-party and the Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar-viewing party below.


Evan Rachel Wood in Elie Saab + Selena Gomez in Emilio Pucci + Suki Waterhouse in Marchesa
Taylor Swift in Julien Macdonald + Vanessa Hudgens in Philosophy + Kim Kardashian in Celia Krithorioti

I'm not sure if I'll do this every award show (there's too many) but I just couldn't pass up the award show. Oh, to attend the Oscars... Even as a seat filler, I'd be happy! But until then, I'll just keep dreaming and lusting after these dresses. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment