Monday 5 May 2014

Writings: The Eight Stages of Last Minute Work

pollymay.wordpress.com

I don't know about anyone else but I am shocking for leaving my work until the last minute. I've had three weeks off from university for the Easter holidays and I spent most of the days thinking about blogging and what I could wear next and where I could take my next photo, etc.

But these past few days it has finally dawned on me: I have four massive assignments to do and they're all due in this week. I am only at uni for the next week and then I'm finished for my first year. Hence why I haven't been blogging as much as I like and to stop myself I haven't even properly gotten dressed so I will avoid taking photos (no one wants to see them).

I finally finished an assignment I was really struggling with so I have rewarded myself by allowing myself to blog. I thought it would be fun to share the 'stages' I usually go through when I'm doing work. So here is another different kind of post and I hope you at least get a smile from it.

The Eight Stages of Last Minute Work

1. The Procrastinating 

You've been set the work and you've got aaaaaages before it's due. You don't need to think about it. So you don't. You don't even know what to do. You can't even remember what class it's for. And you do everything but start that work. 

aseriesofverybaddecisions.com

2. The Not Guilty-Guilt

There's something niggling in the back of your mind. You know you've got something important to do but you've just been asked to go out or the Kardashians/Made in Chelsea/insert-guilty-pleasure-of-a-TV-show-here has just come on! You'll do it another time.

studentbeans.com

3. The Panic 

Okay, so the deadline has crept up faster than you realised and you've either completely forgotten or just not realised how much you're expected to do. Your coursemates are now texting you asking if you've started/finished it and it's starting to sink in that you haven't even looked at it.

imgur.com

4. The Further Procrastinating 

Ah, but you've still got hours yet! You can still pluck your eyebrows or put on a facemask you never knew you had and look through old photos while snapchatting/tweeting about how bored you are of this work when really all you've done is open a Word document (yes, I am speaking from personal experience i.e. this is what I did yesterday instead of work).

littlepawz.tumblr.com

5. The Self-Pity

Why does this always happen to you? You're a good person! You don't deserve all this stress! Uni is cruel, why do people want to see you suffer?

imgur.com

6. The Attitude 

Fuck it. Fuck it all. You've given up. You don't even care if you fail. You don't need to put up with this shit. You don't need a qualification. 

ineedthisforreactions.tumblr.com

7. The Dedication 

Okay, so you do need that qualification. You do care. You don't want to be a failure and it's finally hit you there's no way out. And even though friends you've not seen in the past week or so all seem to want to do something right this second you've decided to do work, you can't. You just can't. You're in the zone.

pandawhale.com

8. The Victory 

IT'S DONE. IT'S OVER. YOU DID IT. YOU'RE FREE!

thisismycorn.wordpress.com

So there's my eight stages I went through just yesterday trying to finish a massive assignment. Let me know if there's something you think I've missed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment